Five Fab Moments in My Life:
- The day my boyfriend knelt down in his sweaty gym clothes with no ring and asked me to marry him.
- The first time my son wrote me a letter and left it on the kitchen counter for me to find.
- The first time my younger son took a nap next to me (the older one could never be bothered to).
- The day I got my first full request, which gave me the tiniest of reassurances that I might not be wasting my time with this writing thing.
- I'm reserving the last fab moment for tomorrow . . . because I believe that tomorrows are the most wonderful thing we have to look forward to.
Five Things I Love:
- Croissants. There can never be enough of them.
- Sunny mornings, the kind that make me want to skip a shower and breakfast and just write.
- Hearing the doggie charm I wear on my necklace clink as I move around the house.
- Cooking with my husband.
- Tucking the kids in and sitting in the quiet of a happy, sleepy house.
Five Things I Hate:
- Discrimination. You won't hear me preach about my own beliefs here, but I believe in equality. Period.
- Living far from my family. I miss them.
- Lying awake at night thinking about a plot line when I should be sleeping. Really, this is not a good thing.
- Doubt. I detest that squirmy, hot feeling that builds in my stomach when I'm not certain of the path I should take.
- Jersey left turns. If you don't live in Jersey, you may not know what I mean, but a Jersey Left is pure evil.